About Me

My photo
Thirst for knowledge. Research everything I don't know about and promptly forget half. I like clothes I can't afford and always pick the odd piece of cutlery. This blog is an eclectic mix of everything fabulous from around the world and an assortment of my thoughts.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Weird shopping moment

(a rare and elusive photo of the boy named Drew)

Today I went shopping for jeans with my boyfriend. He is on a super strict budget so we looked in all of the chain stores first and couldn’t find anything that didn’t look like spray on boy leggings. After frustration and some smarties, we went and had a look in a kind of new-ish store, General Pants Co. Its awesome. So are the people that work there.

Drew ended up buying a pair of Cheap Monday $90 jeans. I’m pretty sure, but not certain, that I made an awkward man-moment between Drew and the assistant (who, by the way, had an awesome fahion sense and a cool tattoo) when we were deciding what size was best. I asked the guy who was helping us which pair he think looked better and fitted better. He kind of looked at me funny while Drew glanced at me with the ‘George, stop talking’ face. Then I realised that, by asking that, he had to check out Drew’s legs. Then, to make it worse, I commented “Oh no, is that an awkward question to ask a guy? You don’t have to answer, these ones are obviously better, its cool”. I laughed and he laughed and it was all ok.

Was that awkward or just completely normal?

Why am I still thinking about it?

How weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment