About Me

My photo
Thirst for knowledge. Research everything I don't know about and promptly forget half. I like clothes I can't afford and always pick the odd piece of cutlery. This blog is an eclectic mix of everything fabulous from around the world and an assortment of my thoughts.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fakie!

I got my nails done today for the first time. I'm not sure if I like it. I had a miny spaz-attack in my head while I was sitting in the (super comfortable) chair. I started thinking about all the other things I want done or have changed about my appearance. I get my hair highlighted, I use a tanning moisturiser, I want to have my teeth whitened (I delusionally think if I have this done I will look like Megan Fox) and now I have these FAKE nails... how much faker could I get?
Answer= so much worse.


I do not fancy the fake look on girls or guys so I am perpetually worried about turning into someone I'm not- or looking the same as everyone else. I find it extremely unattractive and boring when people look like carbon copies of their friends. The other week when I was out with some girlfriends I decided I wanted to dye my hair brown because for some reason I concluded that girls with brown hair are treated with more respect, get stereotyped less and that there are too many fake blondes in the world.
I didn't dye my hair. Coincidentally, about five different people have told me how 'quirky' I am. I believe one person used the term 'left field'. Another went to great lengths to describe how they felt, giving me this example;
When a question is asked, there are usually three or four answers that you would expect someone to say. You answer with the eighth.
These comments shocked me at first because I think I'm quite normal, then I got a little worried but now every time I think about it, a big smile appears on my face. I don't think I could ever turn into someone else and lose myself completely, just evolve and grow up... which I'm looking forward to.

Love and quirks x

1 comment:

  1. I agree; no matter what I don't think I would lose the majority of myself either, it's to much of myself....if that makes any sense. Growing up, boo!

    ReplyDelete