About Me

My photo
Thirst for knowledge. Research everything I don't know about and promptly forget half. I like clothes I can't afford and always pick the odd piece of cutlery. This blog is an eclectic mix of everything fabulous from around the world and an assortment of my thoughts.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Love Bunnies



I’m not usually one to see an entire outfit and desperately want every single item of clothing, but I think I have found an exception. I hate to overuse the word ‘love’ but I think this is one post where I can say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I love the coat, I love the shoes, I love the colours, I love the hair, the glasses and the bag. I love the dress and the scarf and the expression on her face. I think it’s safe to say that I have a bit of a crush on Abbey Lee Kershaw and would raid her closet in a millisecond. I don’t know how she manages to look amazing in every photo I see. Wouldn’t she be travelling so much that she could only pack a small variety of clothes every time? It’s a mystery.



I went to a couple of vintage stores in Adelaide last week but didn’t find anything of interest. I was going to buy a lovely brown fur coat but then felt guilty for wearing something so controversial. It was made of rabbit fur from Australia which, personally, I don’t think is too bad seeing as they are considered pests here. Even though rabbits are super cute and the Peter Rabbit books are lovely and fun, they cause so much destruction when it comes to farms. I lived in the country when I was younger so, naturally, had some friends with farms who told me some of the problems with rabbits. If I looked at it from that perspective then I could convince myself that I wasn’t actually doing anything morally wrong. I still half think that I would get red paint thrown on me from an animal rights activist group if I wore it out though. Oh the dilemma!


While we are on the topic of rabbits, ‘happy Easter’ for those who celebrate it. I am hoping that someone in my family is going to give me some kind of delicious dark chocolate treat. Hint.


Now for a question to be thrown out into the blogosphere (I sound like a 40 year old mum who doesn’t really understand how the internet works)…


Is it cheaper to buy clothes in London rather than Australia? I don’t know whether to stock up before I go or to wait until I am over there to go crazy. I am thinking that it would be cheaper seeing as there are more people (so more clothes are produced) but have heard conflicting answers.

Love x

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Lovely blog!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to find a girl who has such exotic fashion. Beautiful.

    It's always good to base your shopping off of a look but find things that relate; more of your own twist on the outfit.

    Why stock up now? Isn't the point to go to London and find things that you normally can't find in Australia? Enjoy the trip though, I'm extremely jealous and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Abbey, she is amazing! And I would say that there certainly are super affordable places to shop here in London, but it's all relative. I think people usually seem to love Primark and the like though, and that is close to costing pennies. I'd buy what you need in Australia, but put a budget aside to do some fun shopping in London ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rabbits... didn't know they were a problem there... here (spain), in fact, we eat them. HAHA So rabbit farms are like chicken farms... But anyway I would be sad wearing a rabbit fur coat, even if it's as special as the one you've post!! (gorgeous!!)

    london. Save tons of money! There are great (great, great) vintage shops and markets. Some of them quite expensive for a 2nd hand clothing though. The Nothing Hill market is quite famous but more touristic. I love the camden market 2nd hand shops, and the charity shops in camden and kentish town. In Angel there are lots of cute shops. Spitafields market, on sunday i think, it's great too. And Oxford st, with Topshop and many others. For shoes go to Office, good prices.
    :D Enjoy london!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbey Lee is so stunning isnt she. And it constantly perplexes me that she looks so amazing every single time when, yeh, how can she pack all those amazing clothes? haha.

    I would definitely wait to buy everything in London. It is so so much cheaper than buying clothes in Australia. Whenever I come home to Sydney I always get frustrated how everything is so much more expensive. so definitely wait until you get to London, there is so much shopping to do over here.

    I love your blog, so happy i found it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so gorgeous, and i think you didn't overused the word 'love' at all. i really agree with you about the perfection of this ensemble. i just love it, haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi darling!
    What a lovely blog you have here! Lots of nice pictures and great inspiration.. Thanks for sharing, and keep it up babe! You have a great style and a great sence of humour..
    Wanna be followers? Let me know!

    Love from Stockholm... xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the coat that Abbey is wearing! and i think you should wait and shop in London, hope you have an amazing time!!

    http://jadedsights.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete