About Me

My photo
Thirst for knowledge. Research everything I don't know about and promptly forget half. I like clothes I can't afford and always pick the odd piece of cutlery. This blog is an eclectic mix of everything fabulous from around the world and an assortment of my thoughts.

Monday, April 11, 2011

I have a bit of a crush

This lovely look is by Chiara F., 23 year old Blogger from theblondesalad.com.



I dig the simplicity of this look. I want that blazer and those boots. I really need to just break the bank a bit and buy what I need for winter. I am trying to hold out for England but I will be flying over naked if I don't invest in essentials... like jeans (I only own one pair- I have been surviving off stockings and dress combinations).
I am toying with the idea of starting to dress more boy-ish. I was browsing through lookbook this morning and found myself looking at guys outfits and thinking 'I could wear that'. This lovely lady pulls off this look so well, I wouldn't really describe it as masculine because you can rather obviously see that she still looks girly. I would feel like a bit of a dick walking into a shop and saying "I know these are supposed to be male clothes, but I really just want to rock the dude look for a while". If Joan Jett can do it, I guess I can.
I am going op-shopping later this week which I am ridiculously excited about so perhaps I will find something I fancy. It is always pot luck with Adelaide, sometimes you find something amazing, but most of the time you buy something out of sheer desperation!

Wish me luck!
Love x



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 'boy-ish' dress idea. I think it's a sexy look. Makes me think about how we would look together if I see a girl dressed well in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacket. Want. Oh look...there goes my money...

    ReplyDelete