About Me

My photo
Thirst for knowledge. Research everything I don't know about and promptly forget half. I like clothes I can't afford and always pick the odd piece of cutlery. This blog is an eclectic mix of everything fabulous from around the world and an assortment of my thoughts.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Le Journalist

OK, I have decided. Well I'm pretty sure about it.
I would like to be a journalist.
I heard so many bad stories from my boyfriend about horror editors and the slim chances to ever make it big. He worked at a country newspaper for a year so I pretty much took everything he said as truth. BUT then I watched a video of Zoe Foster talking about how her career began and it has kind of changed my mind about the whole journalism world. Sure she said it was super hard for her to get a job straight out of uni, and sure she worked at a kids magazine for something like $20,000 a year... but now she has published three books and is the editor of an online beauty blog. Oh, and she writes a column for Cosmopolitan. Pretty cool hey?
And, just to make this post a little more gossip-y, apparently she is dating Hamish Blake. He is also pretty cool.

So, just to make this a little more interesting, here is a photo of her at the Australian Fashion Week opening;

Sarah Tarca and Zoe Foster

So lately I have been stalking the likes of Anna Wintour and Diana Vreeland. Wintour apparently gets a $200,000 budget for clothes... per year! V. Jealous! Of course, I don't think I will ever get to her status. Reading inspirational books will undoubtedly proclaim otherwise through some cliche quote about stars and potential. I try to be realistic (another trait which has rubbed off on me from my boyfriend). Everyone who I have researched (who has made it) have always said that you have to be dedicated and willing to overwork yourself for 'diddly squat'. I shall have to think about how much I actually want this and to see if I have the drive to work for it, because if you don't, it appears you end up in some crap newspaper or magazine somewhere in the middle of nowhere. The other thing that would hold me back (and always has), is that I never think I can be the better than anyone else at, well, anything!
I shall research it way more and give you an update, which frankly, I don't think you will think 'diddly squat' of!

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment